Support free, Cook County news and community stories while promoting your business, event, or organization with Boreal Community Media advertising opportunitiesSep 22, 2023 06:45PM ● By Content Editor
From Boreal Community Media - September 19, 2023
Did you know? Boreal Community Media is a great place to advertise your business, event, or community information throughout the year.
As you probably DO know, we are a non-profit designed to provide free local news and community stories to residents and visitors of Cook County and the Arrowhead Region of Northern Minnesota. Specifically, we serve Grand Marais, Gunflint Trail, Hovland, Grand Portage, Lutsen, Sawbill Trail, Schroeder, Tofte, and the greater Arrowhead region - which means we can help you get the word out to the right people.
People don’t just come to Boreal for the local news or stories, we also offer a business directory, free classified advertising, and a regional events calendar to keep our communities connected and engaged.
Boreal offers yearly sponsorship packages or one-time advertising opportunities, each option offering many perks for you, the business owner, or the organization.
Why advertise with us?
We offer a variety of options to meet your needs. Sponsors and advertisers can choose a variety of methods ranging from business listings, to advertising, to sponsor messages that will help you communicate with your audience
Your message can be in front of tens of thousands of users each month. We can help you stay front of mind with community members, reach new visitors, elicit a specific call to action, or spread important information about your offerings.
In 2022 alone, over 775,000 users (approx 65,000 monthly) visited Boreal. We are on track to increase this number for 2023.
“We appreciate the ability to post an ad anytime with Boreal. It’s so easy to set up and easy for customers to find on your site. Melodee Riddle, Blue Water Cafe-owner
3. Boreal.org is available anytime, anywhere. Our site is FREE and available to anyone looking for community news, stories, events, or classifieds 24/7 – 365 days a year
“Advertising on Boreal has been a great value to our organization by keeping our brand front and center for the community.” Sara McManus, Member Services Manager, Arrowhead Cooperative
5. Sponsors receive extra perks. Boreal yearly sponsors receive an exclusive story about their business. Yearly sponsors also receive unlimited classified employment ads for 12 months
“When we want to get the word out locally, boreal.org is where we advertise. The ROI is positive, the team is easy to work with, and the added benefit of free employment ads is extremely helpful.” Amber Richard, Marketing Manager, Cook County Co-op
6. No graphic designer? No problem. Sponsors and advertisers have the option to provide their own graphics or have the Boreal team create one with your approval
7. Your sponsorship or advertising costs are tax-deductible. Because we are a non-profit, all sponsorships, and advertisement costs are tax-deductible
8. Sponsorships and advertising are our bread and butter. Sponsorship and advertising costs are one way we can continue keeping the community connected with local news, stories, event calendars, and free classified ads. We could not do what we do without our sponsors and advertisers!