Cook County/Grand Marais EDA Announces Grants for Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19, Round 2
Sep 08, 2020 06:20AM
From the Cook County/Grand Marais Economic Development Authority - September 8, 2020
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act established a $150 billion Coronavirus Relief Fund for distribution to state and local government.
Minnesota was allocated $853 million, from which Cook County has received $730,087.00. This funding must be used to support services and grants to businesses, hospitals and individuals impacted by the pandemic. Of the Cook County allocation, $200,000.00 will be used for grants to Cook County businesses to reimburse expenditures in response to COVID–19. Approximately $90,000 was awarded in grants to businesses in Round 1.
Cook County/Grand Marais EDA, Cook County Chamber of Commerce, and Northeast Minnesota Small Business Development Center are administering the grant program.
The Cook County CARES Application and Guidelines can be found on the EDA website at www.prosperitynorth.com under the tab “Programs & Projects”.
Guidelines to apply for a grant
- For-and-Non-Profit businesses located in Cook County are eligible to apply.
- Cook County Public Health and Human Services is hosting a separate program for programmatic expenses for non-profit organizations providing social services.
- Preference will be given to those businesses that have applied for and not received COVID-19 grants or loans from federal and state governments.
- Grant requests must be between $500.00 and $2,500.00.
- Expenses must be in response to COVID-19. Business expenses including, but not limited to, such items as computers, software and other hi-tech goods, linens, protective gear, cleaning equipment, alterations to building structure and grounds, Plexiglass barriers, and new outdoor seating, as examples.
- Applications must include copies of invoices or receipts for expenditures that have already been incurred.
- If these expenditures are planned for future purchase, include cost estimates or quotes and timeline for purchase. If applications are approved for planned purchases, funds will be released when invoices and receipts are submitted as proof of purchase. Invoices and receipts must be submitted by November 1, 2020.
- Lost Revenue
- Expenses for which you have received other reimbursement (“Double-Dipping” is not allowed)
- Property taxes
- Payroll Expense
Grant Program Timeline
Grant program announced and open for applications Sept 12, 2020
Applications must be received by EDA by 5:00 PM Sept 25, 2020
Grant awards announced October 2, 2020
Invoices and receipts must be submitted November 1, 2020
All funds must be expended by the EDA November 15, 2020
EDA Executive Director Mary Somnis