Home Food Preservation Webinars for Free!
Jul 15, 2020 01:52PM
Photo: University of Minnesota Extension
From Cook County MN - July 15, 2020
Were you one of the many people that decided to try your hand at gardening this summer? Whether you are a novice or an experienced gardener, or just interested in enjoying the freshness of summer all year long, we invite you to learn more about preserving your harvest. Please join Suzanne Driessen, University of MN Extension Food Safety Educator as she presents free webinars on food preservation.
Dates, times and registration links to the free webinars are as follows:
- How to Freeze Food for Safe and Tasty Results, July 16, 2020, 10-11 am; Register: https://z.umn.edu/freezefood
- Basics of Home Canning: Safety First, July 22, 2020, 4-5 pm, Register: https://z.umn.edu/homecanning
- Pickling: It’s Not Just for Cucumbers! July 30, 2020; 2-3 pm, Register: https://z.umn.edu/homepickling
- Preserving Tomatoes, August 3, 2020; 4-5 pm, Register: https://z.umn.edu/preservingtomatoes
- Dry it: You’ll like it! August 20, 2020; 2-3 pm, Register: https://z.umn.edu/dryit
- Preserving Fall Vegetables, September 10, 2020, 10-11 am, Register: https://z.umn.edu/fallvegetables
- Safely Fermenting Food at Home, September 29, 2020, 4-5 pm, Register: https://z.umn.edu/fermenting
Can’t join the webinars? Check out the food preservation resources on the University of Minnesota Extension website: https://extension.umn.edu/food-safety/preserving-and-preparing
More questions on food preservation? Diane Booth, CC Extension is a U of M Master Preserver, and can answer your questions. Our office also has a way to test your pressure canner to make sure it is working properly and you can check out our tester if you are unsure whether your pressure canner has the correct pressure. Call 387-3015 for more information.