Cook County Higher Education offering refurbished reduced cost laptopsMay 27, 2020 07:43PM ● By Editor
If you are interested in acquiring a refurbished reduced cost computer laptop, please read below.
CCHE REFURBISHED REDUCED COST LAPTOPS:
There are no income requirements to request a laptop.
Here are more details about the laptops we are distributing.
· Microsoft Office 10 (home), a processor (i5 or i7) good for videos, business work, school work, internet and more; 6 GB RAM, SSD or 500 GB hard drive.
· A 1 year hardware warranty, with the exception of laptop batteries, which come with a 7 business day warranty through St. Paul PC's for People Store. The hardware warranty covers issues that have not been caused by the user.
· Issues caused by the user (physical damage, viruses, malware, and other software-related issues) are repaired for approximately $25 fee at the St. Paul PC's for People Store.
· Note: these are PCs (not Apple products) and PC's for People laptops are refurbished (previously used)
Steps to move forward with a laptop order:
1. Complete CCHE's Laptop Request Application
2. CCHE will email you an invoice for the cost of the laptop: $150
a. Request a CCHE Laptop Scholarship
b. Request a CCHE Laptop Payment Plan
3. CCHE will set up a computer pick up time
Here is the schedule of CCHE events in early June.
Noon-12:30pm | FREE
June 4 & 5: Basic Auto Maintenance In Person Training- 2 Nights
5:30pm-7:30pm | $80 - Scholarship Available
June 10: Grounding Your Leadership Webinar
9am-10am | FREE
June 17: Stories of the North: Women of the Boundary Waters Webinar
7pm-8pm | FREE
June 18: Guest Lecture: Notorious North Shore Gangsters, Gamblers, and Ghost Stories Webinar
7-8:30pm | FREE
Email [email protected] to get the Self Study webinar links for events listed below
- Intro to Excel
- Excel Functions
- Intro to QuickBooks
- Intro to WordPress Websites
- Creating a WordPress Business Website
- Creating a Business Website - Wix and Weebly