Superior National at Lutsen to open Friday, May 8, 2020Apr 28, 2020 08:18PM ● By Editor
From Superior National Golf Course - April 28, 2020
The Mountain Nine at Superior National will open for golf on Friday, May 8, 2020.
Weather permitting as usual in May on the North Shore, golfers will be able to enjoy the game, fresh air, exercise, and being together, 6-feet apart, with family and friends. As we are learning to say around here, stay at least one moose apart! On the golf course, a good measure may be two club lengths apart.
Operations will follow COVID-19 best practices and social distancing guidelines for re-opening as set forth by Governor Walz, MN Department of Health, the CDC and others. Golfers will be required to follow this policy. The full policy, with details on available services and amenities, will soon be posted on the website. www.superiornational.com Here is a summary regarding play:
Superior National’s best practices while golfing with us;
- Practice social distancing (6-feet apart) at all times during arrival, practicing or waiting to play, while golfing and after when leaving the grounds(this includes not congregating in the parking lot)
- Pay for green fees once at golf course. Credit card payments only. Have card ready
- Arrive no more than 30 minutes before scheduled tee time. Only 15 minutes or less if you do not plan to stretch or warm-up
- Golf car riders may ride two in a car if they are from the same household. Single rider or walking is recommended. We have a limited number of cars
- Bring your own hand sanitizer. Touch points will be cleaned and sanitized frequently by our staff
- Only touch your own golf bag or those in your household. You will responsible for your own bag and equipment to be loaded and unloaded from the golf cart
- Rakes, on course ball washers and benches have been removed
- Do not touch flagsticks. Liners are installed in cups for easy ball retrieval. “Gimmies” are encouraged.
- Print scorecard off website or request one by email. Bring own pencil. Bagged scorecard and pencil will be available if needed.
Point-of-sale software is currently being upgraded, so online tee times are not available at this time. Call or email with questions or to make reservations. Advance tee time reservations are required to get on the course. No walk-ons at this time of social distancing. The new online tee sheet will be available soon.
218-663-7195 [email protected]
Early Season rate for 9 holes, with cart, is $39.00 per person, per seat.
After 5:00 PM rate for 9 holes, with cart, is $25.00 per person, per seat.
Rate for 18 holes, with cart, is $64.00 per person, per seat.
Golf passes are available for online purchase at www.superiornational.com. Go to the RATES tab and then click on GOLF PASSES for information and pricing. The passes offer great values to those who can golf multiple times in a season.