Give Boreal Week: What I Like About You? Help being prepared for Emergencies.
Nov 15, 2019 06:00AM
● By Editor
Lots of our users like using Boreal's Emergency Preparedness Portal. Hundreds of articles help you be better informed and prepared to deal with emergency situations - at home, on the road, on the water or in the wilderness. Fire Danger Updates. Code Red Notification and Sign Up. Updates from local fire departments and first responders. Notices from Cook County Sheriff's Office. You can depend on Boreal's Emergency Preparedness Portal to give you the information and alerts to keep you and your family safe.
We depend on your community financial support. Once a year, we ask Community Members make their donations to non-profit public media from Boreal Community Media.
If you are a Boreal.org user, consider giving a tax deductible donation to Boreal Community Media. You funds help us provide a unique on-line resource 24/7 365 days a year.
Private individual donations can be made by sending your check made payable to Boreal Community Media to Boreal Community Media, P.O Box 1269, Grand Marais MN 556064.
Or you can drop your check off at the Boreal Community Media offices in the Cascade Building at 21 West Second Street in Grand Marais, MN.
Or if you would like to make an on-line donation directly to Boreal Community Media, follow this link to our page on the GiveMN website.
Cook County Students like their Boreal wearables! You can get one too for a contribution of $50 or greater. Select a t-shirt, stocking cap or Boreal hat.
Kyle Nelson proudly sports his Boreal T-shirt.
Raymond Young (left) Ari Fish and are snug and warm in their Boreal stocking caps.
This fall we are asking our users to tell us What I like about you? Here's what some Boreal believers have said they like about our service.
Steve Harsin, Director, Grand Marais Public Library:
"What I especially like about Boreal is the community calendar, where I can go and at a glance see what is going on around Cook County. That makes it really easy to keep up!"
Consider all the many benefits of Boreal and make your contribution to Boreal Community Media.
- Community news and information, including reports from our valued partners at WTIP and the Cook County News Herald.
- Weather forecast and emergency information, such as severe weather alerts, school closings, road closings and more.
- A community calendar featuring meetings, events and activities posted for free by any member of the community.
- A free business directory for local businesses and organizations.
- Free classified advertising with dozens of categories.
- Feature articles of local interest from around the region.
- Profiles of community members and their organizations.
- Sponsorship opportunities allowing businesses to feature their messages, specials, promotions and more.
- Public notices from Cook County government, law enforcement, including weekly Sheriff's office and Conservation officer reports.
WE ONLY ASK FOR COMMUNITY FINANCIAL SUPPORT ONE WEEK EACH YEAR. PLEASE MAKE YOUR DONATION TO BOREAL COMMUNITY MEDIA!
Watch the WDIO-TV Report on the Boreal Emergency Preparedness Portal