Give Boreal Week: What I Like About You? Boreal's Free Community Calendar
Nov 12, 2019 05:30AM
See what Matt Engesser likes about Boreal
The Community Calendar is designed to post events by individuals, groups and non-profit organizations. To keep the Calendar as clutter free as possible, we do not permit for-profit commercial companies to promote their goods and services or hours of operation.
You depend on the Community to stay up to date on events all around Cook County.
We depend on your community financial support. Once a year, we ask Community Members make their donations to non-profit public media from Boreal Community Media.
If you are a Boreal.org user, consider giving a tax deductible donation to Boreal Community Media. You funds help us provide a unique on-line resource 24/7 365 days a year.
Private individual donations can be made by sending your check made payable to Boreal Community Media to Boreal Community Media, P.O Box 1269, Grand Marais MN 556064.
Or you can drop your check off at the Boreal Community Media offices in the Cascade Building at 21 West Second Street in Grand Marais, MN.
Or if you would like to make an on-line donation directly to Boreal Community Media, follow this link to our page on the GiveMN website.
Cook County Students like their Boreal wearables! You can get one too for a contribution of $50 or greater. Select a t-shirt, stocking cap or Boreal hat.
Kyle Nelson proudly sports his Boreal T-shirt.
Raymond Young (left) Ari Fish and are snug and warm in their Boreal stocking caps.
Alex (left) and Gabe Santos are liking their Boreal baseball caps.
The nattily attired Landon Boen completes his stylish look with the addition of a Boreal hat.
This fall we are asking our users to tell us What I like about you? Here's what some Boreal believers have said they like about our service.
"I am so happy with the recent changes at boreal.org! Although change can be difficult, I have enjoyed not only the new "look" but the ease of posting events and activities for organizations which I belong to. The way the classified ads are organized makes sense to me, and I can always find the news or grab a quick link to WTIP, which I often use. Thanks for making this site more user friendly and available to so many who live and play here in Cook County!"
Consider all the many benefits of Boreal and make your contribution to Boreal Community Media.
- Community news and information, including reports from our valued parts at WTIP and the Cook County News Herald.
- Weather forecast and emergency information, such as severe weather alerts, school closings, road closings and more.
- A community calendar featuring meetings, events and activities posted for free by any member of the community.
- A free business directory for local businesses and organizations.
- Free classified advertising with dozens of categories.
- Feature articles of local interest from around the region.
- Profiles of community members and their organizations.
- Sponsorship opportunities allowing businesses to feature their messages, specials, promotions and more.
- Public notices from Cook County government, law enforcement, including weekly Sheriff's office and Conservation officer reports.