Give Boreal Week: What I Like About You? Free Classified Ads For Everyone to Use
Nov 11, 2019 06:00AM
● By Editor
Jaye White likes Boreal Classified because it helped her find her new home and her new dream job
These people depend on these classified ads to sell, buy, give away or promote their events 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All for free!
We depend on your community financial support. Once a year, we ask Community Members make their donations to non-profit public media from Boreal Community Media.
Give Boreal Week is the one week annual fundraising event to support Boreal Community Media, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation who provides free news, information, a community events calendar, business directory, classified ads and more to the North Shore and the Arrowhead region of Northeastern Minnesota.
If you are a Boreal.org user, consider giving a tax deductible donation to Boreal Community Media. You funds help us provide a unique on-line resource 24/7 365 days a year.
Private individual donations can be made by sending your check made payable to Boreal Community Media to Boreal Community Media, P.O Box 1269, Grand Marais MN 556064.
Or you can drop your check off at the Boreal Community Media offices in the Cascade Building at 21 West Second Street in Grand Marais, MN.
Or if you would like to make an on-line donation directly to Boreal Community Media, follow this link to our page on the GiveMN website.
Cook County Students like their Boreal wearables! You can get one too for a contribution of $50 or greater. Select a t-shirt, stocking cap or Boreal hat.
Kyle Nelson proudly sports his Boreal T-shirt.
Raymond Young (left) Ari Fish and are snug and warm in their Boreal stocking caps.
As a non-profit organization, we depend on sponsorship support from local businesses and organizations, public and private grants, and private donations. All financial underwriting to Boreal Community Media is tax-deductible. Our sponsors in turn can choose a variety of methods ranging from business listings to advertising sponsor messages to communicate with their audiences. We have a number of different sponsorship packages to fit the needs of any business or organization. For sponsorship information or to learn about private donations, and what they can accomplish, contact [email protected].
This fall we are asking our users to tell us What I like about you? Here's what some Boreal believers have said they like about our service.
Rose Prissel, Retired, Cook County Visitor
"I like Boreal for the news, pictures, and variety of stories. It brings back happy memories of when I am up there. I also like to look at the weather to see how it differs from where I live."
Consider all the many benefits of Boreal and make your contribution to Boreal Community Media.
- Community news and information, including reports from our valued partners at WTIP and the Cook County News Herald.
- Weather forecast and emergency information, such as severe weather alerts, school closings, road closings and more.
- A community calendar featuring meetings, events and activities posted for free by any member of the community.
- A free business directory for local businesses and organizations.
- Free classified advertising with dozens of categories.
- Feature articles of local interest from around the region.
- Profiles of community members and their organizations.
- Sponsorship opportunities allowing businesses to feature their messages, specials, promotions and more.
- Public notices from Cook County government, law enforcement, including weekly Sheriff's office and Conservation officer reports.