Give Boreal Week: What I Like About You? Weather, Weather and more Weather.
Nov 09, 2019 06:00AM
● By Editor
Video: Melodee and Dan Riddle of Blue Water Cafe like how Boreal helps their business
IT'S GIVE BOREAL FUND RAISING WEEK!
We bring you School Closing information. Storm Warnings. Fire Danger Forecasts. These all all reasons people depend on Boreal 24/7 every day of the year.
We depend on your community financial support. Once a year, we ask Community Members make their donations to non-profit public media from Boreal Community Media.
Private individual donations can be made by sending your check made payable to Boreal Community Media to Boreal Community Media, P.O Box 1269, Grand Marais MN 556064.
Or you can drop your check off at the Boreal Community Media offices in the Cascade Building at 21 West Second Street in Grand Marais, MN.
Or if you would like to make an on-line donation directly to Boreal Community Media, follow this link to our page on the GiveMN website.
Cook County Students like their Boreal wearables! You can get one too for a contribution of $50 or greater. Select a t-shirt, stocking cap or Boreal hat.
Kyle Nelson proudly sports his Boreal T-shirt.
Raymond Young (left) Ari Fish and are snug and warm in their Boreal stocking caps.
Alex (left) and Gabe Santos are liking their Boreal baseball caps.
As a non-profit organization, we depend on sponsorship support from local businesses and organizations, public and private grants, and private donations. All financial underwriting to Boreal Community Media is tax-deductible. Our sponsors in turn can choose a variety of methods ranging from business listings to advertising sponsor messages to communicate with their audiences. We have a number of different sponsorship packages to fit the needs of any business or organization. For sponsorship information or to learn about private donations, and what they can accomplish, contact [email protected].
This fall we are asking our users to tell us What I like about you? Here's what Boreal believers have said they like about our service.
David Hahn, Hovland Resident:
"I have been using Boreal every day since moving to Hovland from Minneapolis in 2001. The daily weather predictions, including school closings are helpful especially on winter mornings for a foster grandparent. The School Board meeting coverage is also very informative. Boreal has kept Cook County residents in touch with e-mail messages of citizen needs such as lost pets, rides and sale items. Thanks Boreal for a job well done."
Consider all the many benefits of Boreal and make your contribution to Boreal Community Media.
- Community news and information, including reports from our valued partners at WTIP and the Cook County News Herald.
- Weather forecast and emergency information, such as severe weather alerts, school closings, road closings and more.
- A community calendar featuring meetings, events and activities posted for free by any member of the community.
- A free business directory for local businesses and organizations.
- Free classified advertising with dozens of categories.
- Feature articles of local interest from around the region.
- Profiles of community members and their organizations.
- Sponsorship opportunities allowing businesses to feature their messages, specials, promotions and more.
- Public notices from Cook County government, law enforcement, including weekly Sheriff's office and Conservation officer reports.