With Mary W. Zbaracki, MPH, RD, CDE of St. Luke’s and Treg Axtell, PT from North Shore Health
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic and Cook County Public Health are sponsoring the class “Protein Power.” It’s the third in a series of presentations that explore the macronutrients - fats, carbohydrates, and protein. This class will be taught by Mary Zbaracki, a registered dietician with St. Luke’s, and Treg Axtell, a physical therapist with North Shore Health.
They’ll cover topics such as:
• the importance and purpose of protein in human nutrition
• the current recommended amounts and how they were established
• who needs more protein and why
• protein’s role in feeling full and weight control
• how to get enough protein, even if you’re eating less (or no) meat
• how protein requirements likely increase as we get older
• how lean body mass can be preserved through physical activity
• what types of activity are most effective, both at the gym and at home
If you can’t make it in person, you can watch the live stream on Sawtooth Mountain Clinic’s YouTube channel. That’s also where you’ll find videos from the first two classes in the series: Carbohydrates, and The Skinny on Fats. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC3PztsTTA6T-4PmMHH0UchQ1fMupiAFD
- Monday, Feb. 24
- 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- North Shore Health - Multi-Purpose Room
- Watch live on SMC’s YouTube channel!
- No cost.
- RSVPs not necessary, but appreciated.
Email [email protected] or call 387-2330.
Date & Time
February 24, 2020
5:30PM - 7:00PM
North Shore Health 515 5th Ave West Grand Marais 55612 MN US https://www.boreal.org/businesses/mn-grand-marais-north-shore-health-2