Superior National & Health Care Foundation Host 4th Annual ‘Golf for the Good’ to Support Healthcare & Emergency ServicesSep 14, 2023 09:11AM ● By Editor
From the North Shore Health Care Foundation - September 13, 2023
September 13, 2023 – Superior National Golf Course at Lutsen is once again partnering with the North Shore Health Care Foundation to bring you the 4th Annual Golf for the Good – NSHCF Weekend on Friday, Sept. 29 and Saturday, Sept 30.
“It’s coming up fast and we need you!” said Valerie Marasco Eliasen, Executive Director – North Shore Health Care Foundation. “Golf for the Good offers exceptional value and all of the benefits of a traditional golf tournament including player welcome bags, great prizes, contests, refreshments and food throughout the day, friendly competition and lots of fun, but on your own schedule. Not to mention the gorgeous FALL COLORS on this beautiful course. There is no easier way to support the availability of health care and emergency services (Fire, EMS, Search & Rescue and some Law Enforcement programs) on Minnesota’s North Shore of Lake Superior, than participating in Golf for the Good. We encourage everyone to get a group together and have some fun Golfing for the Good.”
All players need to do is book a tee time between 8 am – 3 pm on either, or both, of the days, and the Golf for the Good Package can be added on for a $45 donation to the Foundation. Tee times can be made online or by calling toll free (US) 1-888-564-6543 or 218-663-7195 and mentioning #Golf for the Good. The $45 event entry donation can be made on site the day of OR participants can PRE-REGISTER to get on the links faster.
The North Shore Health Care Foundation is a respected community leader in Cook County which serves as a grant-maker, educator, convener, incubator and advocate for health. We work to champion solutions for equitable access to health care, healthy living and emergency services locally. Where gaps exist, the Foundation creates and incubates critical programs until they can become their own nonprofits or be acquired by the appropriate provider for long-term sustainability.
“If you’re not a golfer, but would still like to support this important fundraiser to help us fund solutions and address more community health issues, there are several ways to participate, ” said Marasco Eliasen. “Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Give of your time, we need volunteers! Choose a half-day (4.5 hours) or a whole day on either or both days. Come out and have some fun with us! We need people to staff contest holes on the course for morning or afternoon shifts, hand out player bags at registration, place signs at holes, deal black jack at one of the contest holes and help get players signed in.
- Donate a prize! If you own a business, what better way to demonstrate your community stewardship and investment in health, while getting a little advertising in the process? We need prizes for the event – a gift certificate, a themed basket, a selection of your wares. You don’t have to be a business to donate a prize. Maybe you’re a generous person who would like to contribute something really cool from one of our local businesses; that would be amazing!
- Become a sponsor! Businesses, individuals or even families can be Golf for the Good Sponsors. This gives you some fun exposure with signage and recognition, and demonstrates your support for health and emergency services in Cook County.
- Make a donation that will ultimately have a huge ripple effect, helping many programs and people in Cook County. By donating you are already a winner!
- Or become a Friend of the Foundation, there are a variety of suggested friendship levels and each one helps us be the light for health and emergency services in Cook County. Find out more about Friendships at NorthShoreHealthCareFoundation.org/friends
“Whatever you decide, we appreciate you and whatever support you can give,” said Marasco Eliasen. “We are a small-but-mighty health care foundation and we are doing more than ever to try and address gaps in Cook County and work towards a healthy community for all. We hope to have you along for this journey, being a bright light for health in Cook County.”
Contact: Valerie Marasco Eliasen, Executive Director – North Shore Health Care Foundation,
218-387-9076 or [email protected]