Northbound I-35 lane closure in Duluth scheduled for MondayOct 27, 2022 09:58AM ● By Content Editor
From the Minnesota Department of Transportation - October 26, 2022
Motorists will encounter a lane closure on northbound I-35 in Duluth on Monday, Oct. 31, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The right lane closure is through the Twin Ports Interchange project area, from 27th Avenue West to Garfield Avenue, and will be needed to set bridge girders.
About this project
Once completed, this project will enhance safety by eliminating blind merges and left exits, replace aging infrastructure, and better accommodate freight movements through the interchanges next to the Clure Public Terminal.
Summary of work
Reconstruct I-35/I-535/Hwy 53 interchange to improve safety by:
- Providing a new conventional design
- Relocating all exits and entrances to the right side of the roadway
- Improving merging sight distance and eliminating merge conflicts
- Eliminating weaving problems near the interchange
- Providing lane continuity for through I-35 traffic
For more information on the project, visit mndot.gov/d1/projects/twin-ports-interchange.