Hwy 61 Grand Marais construction to resume ThursdayMay 03, 2021 11:23AM ● By Editor
From the Minnesota Department of Transportation - May 3, 2021
Construction is expected to resume on Hwy 61 in Grand Marais on May 6. Initial work will be occurring from 3rd Avenue West to Broadway and 8th Avenue West to 3rd Avenue West on the lake/south side.
Starting May 6, the truck detour will begin with through truck traffic being routed on Cty Rd 7. A temporary signal is now active at 5th Ave W and Cty Rd 7. Southbound vehicular traffic will be detoured on Cty Rd 7 to 8th Ave W. Northbound traffic will have a detour on Wisconsin St and Broadway Ave.
For more information, please visit the project website: https://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/hwy-61-grand-marais/index.html
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.