Bayfield County declares Public Health Emergency; issues Travel Advisory
Mar 23, 2020 09:32AM
The Bayfield County Health Department declared a Public Health Emergency and issued a Travel Advisory Sunday in response to concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19.
"Due to the undeterminable and unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, it seems prudent to issue a Travel Advisory for persons planning to return to their summer cabins or second homes in Bayfield County at this time. Please see our attached Travel Advisory for details," the Department said.
Bayfield County Government provided the following guidelines:
1. Due to high community transmission in certain areas of the State and across the Nation, Bayfield County is recommending that you stay in your home area if you have a seasonal or second home in Bayfield County. Due to our very limited healthcare infrastructure, please do not visit us now.
2. People who have seasonal homes in Bayfield County, please stay at your winter homes at this time. If you are already back in Bayfield County, you must immediately self-isolate for 14-days. If you need assistance during that time for supplies, please call Bayfield County Health Department at (715)373-6109 so that we may assist you.
3. Bayfield County has one of the highest populations of older adults in the State of Wisconsin. This population is at the highest risk of COVID-19; it is our priority to keep our older residents healthy and safe.
4. On March 19, 2020, the Bayfield County Board of Supervisors declared a countywide COVID-19 Emergency Declaration. Please be aware that additional health and travel restrictions may be imposed during this time.
5. This is an everchanging and very serious health situation, and Bayfield County needs to be diligent in its response.
The advisory remains in effect until further notice.
The county provided the following phone number for questions or concerns: (715)373-6109
To read the original article and see related COVID-19 Northland reporting, follow this link to the WDIO-TV website. https://www.wdio.com/wisconsin-news/bayfield-county-travel-advisory/5681853/?cat=10335