Lutsen Mountains announces season closure on Sunday
Mar 20, 2020 08:13AM
You can read the full statement from Lutsen Mountains on the planned closure on March 22 here.
After careful consideration and thought, Lutsen Mountains has decided Sunday, March 22 will be the final day of the 2019/2020 winter season.
For the remaining few days, we will continue to prioritize cleaning, hand washing, and social distancing. Operations are mostly limited to outdoor activities with our indoor chalet and warming room spaces closed. Food service is limited to phone -in/take-out orders only with guests instructed to take breaks in our outdoor spaces or return to their private rooms for breaks and dining.
We will be canceling all ski & stay package reservations with arrivals 3/22 – 5/3. If you are interested in keeping your lodging reservation, please call our central reservations desk at 218-406-1320 and we will review options as policies may vary between our lodging partners. We are providing a stored credit in your Lutsen Mountains account or refunds based on your preference. Please link to www.lutsen.com/creditrequest to initiate this process. We expect to have high call volume, so please be patient and we will respond as soon as we can.
We appreciate the continued support from our ski community and hope to welcome you back to our mountain soon. Thank you for your understanding.
3.17.20 Update Changes to Operations based on the rules and regulations regarding the spread of COVID-19
Skiing and snowboarding is an outdoor pursuit in an open-air environment. Meeting CDC recommendations on social distancing is attainable with a few considerations.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
- When in a line queue, whether for tickets or waiting for a lift, please leave a loose queue. There is plenty of space.
- We have removed singles lines and instead are asking guests to ride chairlifts and gondolas with their parties only.
- Gondola cabins are being cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- All chalets and warming facilities are closed on the mountain. Restrooms will remain open. Weather permitting, seating is available on our outdoor decks. We recommend packing a lunch or returning to your room for breaks.
- Papa Charlie’s will remain open 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily for take-out only. We are only accepting electronic payment by phone. Call 218-663-7800 for more information.
- The lobby in the Ticket Office is closed. Ticket windows are open, accepting online orders or credit card payment only. No cash sales.
- The Rental Shop will be limited to serving a maximum of 5 guests at any station at a time. A queue for service will be established outside the building. Please allow the recommended social distancing within the queue.
- Ski School is closed for the season.
- We will continue following the most updated guidance and precautions from health officials, with attention to the cleanliness and the environment of our facilities.
- Please practice social distancing recommendations throughout your stay including potential line queues for lodging check-in, ticket windows, food pick-up and lift lines.
- Please wash your hands. Often.