Advanced Grant Writing
Take your grant writing to the next level!
Instructor: Annie Harala of Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN)
Cost: $35 for MCN members / $40 for nonmembers *Workshop scholarships available by request.
Preregistration Required: www.northshorecampus.org | 218 387.3411
This advanced workshop will cover the critical techniques and tactics that grant writers require to create well-developed grant proposals as part of an effective communication strategy with funders.
In this training, participants learn to:
- Develop the necessary writing style to both inform and persuade your reader to support your project
- Develop a work plan and explore how grant writing fits within the process of contacting and cultivating potential funders
- Understand the funding landscape, both geographical and sub-sector
- Develop logic models as a critical tool for both designing and communicating a detailed project proposal
- Craft a budget that conveys an accurate picture of your project’s needs and value
- Have an opportunity to review actual grant proposals
- Participants will be asked to submit an electronic copy of your organization’s grant proposal two weeks before the workshop to use during peer-review of real, in-progress grant proposals. Details will be sent to those who are registered.
To register, it is required that you have been writing grants for at least six months or have taken MCN’s introductory grantwriting class. If you are newer to grantwriting, please register for MCN’s Grantwriting Clinic for Beginners that is offered earlier in the day. By registering for this session, participants agree to keep confidential other organizations’ information shared during workshops.
Annie Harala is the Northeast MN regional coordinator at the MCN, based in Duluth.
Date & Time
October 17, 2019
1:00PM - 4:00PM
$35 for MCN members & $40 for nonmembers
Professional & Business Grand Marais Hovland / Arrowhead Trail Grand Portage Gunflint Trail Lutsen Hovland Tofte / Schroeder