Grand Marais Writers' Guild meeting
Writing Prompts + Conversation for All Genres and Levels
Whether you write novels or notes, essays or emails, you are welcome in our community.
On the third Thursday of each month we get together to chat about what we're up to, and to do a few writing prompts, facilitated by Rose Arrowsmith DeCoux.
Bring your notebook or laptop, and discussion topics.
Join the email list here: http://eepurl.com/cdM-PP
Our focus is Writing in Community.
Here's how we do it:
First, we chat about writerly or creative things, such as:
- writing projects
- genre "rules"
- questions about techniques, writer's block, etc
- show-and-tell for a work in progress, or published article or book
- recommendations for workshops and resources
Next, we write, using things like:
- word lists
- image prompts
- timed writing sessions
Last, we share! Please remember:
- sharing is always optional
- not to offer suggestions unless requested
- to listen actively for what the writer is aiming for, and reflect what speaks to you
- this is not a critique group, but you can ask for further feedback or buddy up with another writer
If you have questions, please talk with Rose or library director Steve Harsin before a meeting.
Date & Time
Aug 16, 2018 through Aug 16, 2018
6:00PM - 7:30PM