Cook County Public Health & Human Services, Grand Portage Human Services, & CCHE to offer three safeTALK Classes this winterNov 28, 2023 08:46AM ● By Content Editor
From Cook County Public Health and Human Services - November 28, 2023
Cook County Public Health and Human Services, in collaboration with Grand Portage Human Services and Cook County Higher Ed, will host three safeTALK suicide prevention classes.
- December 4 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Grand Portage Log Building; register here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050C4DAEAB2CA6FF2-45826432-safetalk
- December 5 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Grand Portage Log Building; register here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050C4DAEAB2CA6FF2-45826432-safetalk
- January 11 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Cook County Higher Ed; registration will be available soon on Higher Ed’s website: https://mycche.org/events/
LivingWorks safeTALK is a four-hour training that equips people to be more alert to someone thinking of suicide and better able to connect them with further help. Using a simple yet effective model, LivingWorks safeTALK empowers everyone to make a difference. With over 120,000 people attending each year, it is the world’s fastest-growing suicide prevention skills training course.
In LivingWorks safeTALK you will learn how to reach out to someone thinking about suicide and help them keep safe by promptly connecting them to further support. Your role as a connector is the main focus of this training, which features:
- Trainer presentations, facilitated discussion, and skills practice
- Videos that illustrate what happens when signs of suicide are overlooked, and how you can contribute to safe outcomes when these signs are heard and addressed
- Opportunities to further explore organizational applications of the training
- A community resource person will be on hand at the workshop to support your safety and comfort.
For more information, contact Andrea Orest, Cook Count Public Health, at [email protected] or 218-220-5536
About Cook County, MN
Cook County encompasses the sovereign nation of the Grand Portage Band of Lake Superior Chippewa; the City of Grand Marais; the Townships of Lutsen, Tofte and Schroeder; and unincorporated areas in the easternmost part of Minnesota’s North Shore. Cook County Government values transparency and strives to deliver superior services and programs in a fiscally responsible way. We value the dignity of all County residents and seek to create a community that provides opportunity for all. Many of our offices are in the Cook County Courthouse at 411 W 2nd St, Grand Marais 55604. Other departments and facilities, such as the Airport, Community Center, Highway and Sheriff are located nearby. Call 218-387-3000 or visit: https://co.cook.mn.us