Project 61 Update: Watermain project is installedJun 10, 2021 03:57PM ● By Editor
- All watermain on the project has been installed. The final pressure test will be completed early next week, which will conclude all watermain work on the project.
- Crews continue to install storm sewer between 3rd Ave. W and Broadway St.
- The footing has been poured for the retaining wall between 7th and 8th Ave W (near the campground). Over the next two to three weeks, the wall itself will be poured in sections, the first two sections of wall are scheduled to be poured tomorrow, Friday June 11th
- The contractor will begin to place lighting foundations next week.
Virtual update meetings have been suspended due to low turnout. Please contact us with any questions.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org.