Video: In Duluth, more closures begin Monday for Can of Worms projectApr 16, 2021 05:11AM ● By Editor
Watch the WDIO-TV report here
More closures begin Monday in the Can of Worms project. Photo: WDIO-TV file
From WDIO-TV - April 14, 2021
The Twin Ports Interchange Project is well underway in Duluth. Starting Monday, April 19, motorists will encounter routing closures in the coming days for bridge/ramp inspections throughout the city. Lane closures on Lower Michigan Street will begin and last until October 2021.
Monday, April 19
- Lower Michigan Street will close from near 15th Avenue West to 23rd Avenue West. This closure will be in effect until October. Once open again, this section of Michigan Street will be utilized through the fall of 2022 to carry southbound traffic from I-35.
- Lane closures will occur on the Michigan Street bridge over Highway 194/Mesaba Avenue between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. A flagger or portable messaging sign will be in place. Alternating lane closures will occur under the bridge on the ramp to southbound I-35. This work was originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 21.
Tuesday, April 20
- Right lane closures will occur at northbound Highway 194/Superior Street, and alternate lane closures will take place on Superior Street between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The ramp from southbound I-35 to eastbound I-535 will close for inspection. Motorists will be detoured.
- Southbound and northbound I-35 will undergo temporary right lane closures for bridge inspections between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Southbound I-35 just south of 27th Avenue West will experience right lane closures for bridge inspections between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
To see the original story and read related reports, follow this link to the WDIO-TV website. https://www.wdio.com/duluth-minnesota-news/twin-ports-interchange-michigan-street-closures/6076735/?...