Registration and Eligibility Information for COVID-19 Vaccination Event on Thursday, March 18Mar 15, 2021 08:09AM ● By Editor
From the Cook County Emergency Operations Center - March 15, 2021
Officials from the Cook County Emergency Operations Center and Sawtooth Mountain Clinic announce that eligibility for this week’s vaccination event will follow the State of Minnesota’s expanded eligibility criteria.
Those eligible for this week’s vaccination event on Thursday, March 18, at the Cook County Community Center include individuals who are:
- Age 65+
- A caregiver (someone who supports daily living activities for older adults or those living with chronic conditions or disabilities)
- Age 50+ living in a multi-generational household
- Working in one of the following types of jobs:
- Airport Staff
- Education (childcare, K-12 schools, youth enrichment programs)
- First Responder (fire, law enforcement, EMS)
- Food Processing, Food Retail, Food Service (grocery, convenience store, food shelf, bakery, bars, restaurant, café, winery, brewery, catering)
- Judicial System
- Public Transit
- Postal Service Workers
- Age 45-64 with at least ONE underlying health conditions or 18-44 with at least TWO underlying health conditions that put you at higher risk for COVID-19
- A patient of the Sawtooth Mountain Clinic age 50-64 who lives with a social stressor that puts you at higher risk for COVID-19
Registration is required for this and all future vaccine events. Visit the Cook County COVID-19 hub site at www.cookcountycovid19.org for more information and a link to complete the online registration. To register, individuals will need to complete a pre-registration survey and provide:
- name, address, phone number and date of birth
- a valid email address
Assistance is available for those who do not have internet access or need additional help signing up for an appointment. Call 218-877-8273 or email [email protected] or reach out to a trusted friend, family member or service provider.
At this week’s 3/18 vaccination event, approximately 100 people will receive their second dose of the vaccine and approximately 300 people will receive their first dose. This is a two-dose vaccination series using the Moderna vaccine, and all individuals are automatically registered for their second dose appointment when receiving their first dose.
For current information on vaccine distribution and eligibility, please visit the Cook County COVID-19 hub site at www.cookcountycovid19.org. Cook County Public Health will continue to post information about who is currently eligible to register for a vaccine as well as how people in that group can sign up. Registration for weekly vaccine events will open each Monday at 8 a.m.
Or Sawtooth Mountain Clinic Vaccination Navigator:
218-877-8273 or [email protected]