The Northland Foundation has partnered with the Minnesota Department of Education on behalf of the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund to help support emergency wrap-around early care and education services for northeastern Minnesota children ages 0-8 from underserved populations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.This is the second and final round; the first round occurred Fall 2020. Approximately $150,000 total will be available. Organizations will be selected on a competitive basis.
There are two funding levels for which eligible organizations may apply:
- Small grants up to $5,000
- Grants of $5,001 to $15,000
Key Dates and Services Supported
The application process opens January 12, 2021 and closes February 15, 2021. Applicants will be notified of a decision by March 17, 2021. This funding round applies to projects that can be completed between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 that support the following:
- Mental health services and supports
- Social, emotional, and physical health supports
- Supplemental after-school programs
- Summer learning or enrichment programs
- On-line/distance learning programs
- Training and development to more effectively operate during the pandemic and address the needs of young children 0-8
- Other activities that are necessary to maintain the operation of and continuity of services in early care and education prioritizing the needs of historically under-served groups.