Chamber reminds members of Friday deadline for EDA grant applications
Sep 21, 2020 04:27PM
From the Cook County Chamber of Commerce - September 21, 2020
With a pool of about $110,000 to distribute, the Cook County/Grand Marais EDA is now accepting applications from county businesses -- including non-profits -- for grants of up to $2,500 to reimburse them for COVID-19 expenses.
This is Round 2 of business grants from the federal CARES Act funding received by the county. In Round 1, only businesses with fewer than 10 employees were eligible, and about $90,000 was distributed. In Round 2, all county businesses can apply for the $110,000 remaining in the $200,000 business allocation.
Cook County/Grand Marais EDA, Cook County Chamber of Commerce, and Northeast Minnesota Small Business Development Center are administering the grant program.
The Cook County CARES Application and Guidelines can be found on the EDA website at www.prosperitynorth.com under the tab “Programs & Projects”.
Guidelines to apply for a grant
- For- and Non-Profit businesses located in Cook County are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to those businesses that have applied for and not received COVID-19 grants or loans from federal and state governments.
- Grant requests must be between $500.00 and $2,500.00.
- Expenses must be in response to COVID-19. Business expenses including, but not limited to, such items as computers, software and other hi-tech goods, linens, protective gear, cleaning equipment, alterations to building structure and grounds, Plexiglass barriers, and new outdoor seating, as examples.
- Applications must include copies of invoices or receipts for expenditures that have already been incurred.
- If these expenditures are planned for future purchase, include cost estimates or quotes and timeline for purchase. If applications are approved for planned purchases, funds will be released when invoices and receipts are submitted as proof of purchase. Invoices and receipts must be submitted by November 1, 2020.
- Lost Revenue
- Expenses for which you have received other reimbursement (“Double-Dipping” is not allowed)
- Property taxes
- Payroll Expense
Grant Program Timeline
Applications must be received by EDA by 5:00 PM Sept 25, 2020
Grant awards announced October 2, 2020
Invoices and receipts must be submitted November 1, 2020
All funds must be expended by the EDA November 15, 2020
Contact for Questions: EDA Executive Director Mary Somnis [email protected] 218-387-3112