MNsure announces special enrollment period during COVID-19 Emergency
Mar 24, 2020 10:56AM
If you are uninsured right now, you can get covered through MNsure. Apply on MNsure.org by April 21.
In response to the potential growth of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, MNsure is offering a special enrollment period to eligible Minnesotans.
Coverage will start Wednesday, April 1. (If you enroll after April 1 and by 11:59 p.m. on April 21, your coverage will have a retroactive start date of April 1.)
- Those who qualify for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare(programs for Minnesotans with low income) can enroll year-round.
- Members of federally recognized American Indian tribes can enroll year-round.
- Minnesotans who experience another qualifying life event(such as marriage, birth of a child or a move) can enroll in a private plan through a special enrollment period.
If you are a currently enrolled MNsure customer, you cannot use this special enrollment period to change plans. To change plans, you must have a qualifying life event.
Free help available:
- Find an expert assister in your area to help you apply and enroll
- Call the MNsure Contact Center at 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities). Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Get online help
Attention. If you need free help interpreting this document, call 855-366-7873.