Update from Cook County Schools regarding school closure
Mar 15, 2020 10:17AM
● By Editor
From Cook County Schools - March 15, 2020
UPDATE FROM SUPT. BILL CRANDALL Covid - 19 - MARCH 15TH
Good Morning Cook County Families,
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, in his address on Sunday at 10:00, has closed school districts around the state starting on March 18, 2020 through March 30, 2020. As a District we will be following the recommendation of the Governor with students staying home starting on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
I want to update everyone on how we have and will be handling and responding to this closure.● As a school we have been planning for different scenarios to make sure we are ready.
● This last week we followed the recommendation provided by the MDH regarding the COVID-19
○ Regularly sanitizing surfaces throughout the days
○ Educating students in washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes.
● Monday 3/16 and Tuesday 3/17 - The school will be working with students to prepare for distant learning. It is important that our students and teachers continue with learning.
● Staff will be available for students on Wednesday and Thursday via Google Classrooms, Email and classroom extensions as the staff will be on site planning.
The health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority and we will continue to work with families to provide educational activities for our students through Electronic or Distant learning activities. Our teachers have been working on this delivery model and will be ready to work with students during this time. As a District, we will be looking at how to continue to provide meals for students. We will be working with our food service staff on our method of delivery during the time of school closure.
We are in close contact with the MDH to continue making plans through this evolving situation. Please keep in mind that our school district will follow the recommendations from MDH and could change at any time. The district will continue to communicate with families via Email, Phone, Texts using Infinite Campus,https://www.cookcountyschools.org School website, WTIP, Boreal, Instagram, Facebook, and the district App
Superintendent Bill Crandall