Higher Education launches Genocide & Peace Building series
Feb 05, 2020 04:17PM
● By Editor
Cook County Higher Education is excited to announce our First Annual Winter-Spring Series. The goal of the series will be to provide opportunities for academic learning on a subject, augmented by change making or development workshops.
Starting in February, we will be offering a collection of programing on Genocide & Peace-Building: Germany to Minnesota.
Our 2020 series seeks to foster new grounds for knowledge exchange and collaboration around the topics of Genocide and Peace-Building. We will explore questions such as:
- How can the history of genocide help us make sense of the present?
- Why does genocide keep happening around the world?
- How can we best honor those impacted by genocide?
- When people say “Never Again” what actions could they be taking?
- How do we continue to ask challenging questions and have these conversations outside of formal events?
These conversations are relevant both globally and within our tight knit community. Lifelong learners unite for a series full of learning, growing, and sharing. Join us for one or come to all!
To find out more about this series or to register check out myCCHE.org. Registration is preferred but walk-ins are always encouraged.
We do not want anyone to miss out on this important series so in effort to make it accessible and affordable CCHE has decided to make the price of each event donation based.
The entire scheule for the series in attached as a PDF.