Cook County Community Foundation seeks sponsors for the Oktoberfest Fund Raising Event
Aug 07, 2019 07:02PM
● By Editor
The Cook County Community Foundation is now seeking sponsors for its annual Oktoberfest fund-raising event held in partnership with Voyageur Brewing Company. Sponsors of the event will be recognized at the annual Oktoberfest fund raiser from 5-7PM on Wednesday, September 25 at Voyageur Brewing Company in Grand Marais.
All funds go to support local programming. Please support us by September 12, 2019 so we can recognize your support during our Annual Celebration on September 25, 2019. CCCF has announced four different levels of sponsorships.
Barrel $1000 and up
To donate, follow this link. https://www.dsacommunityfoundation.org/donate?id=1702
In making the announcement, Jeff Cadwell, Board Chair of the Foundation said, "We’re pleased to be able to provide support to all of these programs, which enrich our community and region, We thank these organizations and all that submitted grant requests for their dedication to improving Cook County.”
The organizations that received grants, their funding levels and projects were:
• Care Partners of Cook County, $3,500 for Mindfulness for Caregivers, an eight-week program that supports dementia patient caregivers.
• Grand Marais Arts Inc., $3,000 for the Community Art Access Entry Point programs, which promotes access to the Arts for young people.
• Great Expectations School, $3,000 for an ACEs Workshop for School Staff who work with children who have experienced trauma or other adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), supporting improved social, behavioral, and academic success.
• Gunflint Trail Historical Society, $1,500 for Program Materials for School/YMCA Group Visits to the Chik-Wauk Museum.
• North House Folk School, $3,000 for the North House Folk School Youth Program, to provide scholarships to the Summer Kids Camp and the Handworks Club, promoting meaningful engagement with craft for local youth.
• North Shore Health Care Foundation, $3.000 for the Oral Health Task Force to provide additional support and education to meet increased community interest.
• YMCA of Duluth, $3,000 for the Youth, Teen & Family Program Starter Package, providing space and programs that engage youth ages 8-15 in positive and healthy activities.
The Oktoberfest Celebration Event is the major fundraising event of the year for the Cook County Community Foundation. During Oktoberfest, a portion of proceeds of sales at Voyageur Brewing also go to the Foundation.
"We are grateful to all past sponsors and private donors to the Community Foundation," said Cook County Community Foundation board member Eric Block of Hovland, "We encourage community members to continue to give back because the programs we are supporting are driven by hard-working and deserving non-profit organizations dedicated to improving our communities. And our special thanks to Voyageur Brewing for their continued support and partnership."
Private donations to the Cook County Community Foundation are always welcome. You can follow this link to the Give MN to make you tax deductible donation. https://www.givemn.org/story/Cook-County-Community-Fund5446f3c118cbd
To learn more about the Cook County Community Foundation and listen to an interview by Rhonda Silence with Jeff Cadwell and board colleague Mike Carlson about 2019 grant recipients, follow this link to the WTIP website. https://wtip.org/community-support-cook-county-community-fund?fbclid=IwAR24wnHufY9em6fkwflO9L-9N3c-5...