Joynes to offer 100 Lutsen 99er Youth Scholarships
Apr 22, 2019 09:03AM
● By Editor
Photo: Joynes Facebook page
Media Release from Joynes Ben Franklin - April 22, 2019
Jim and Shanie Joynes want to give back to a sport that has given them so much. They also want to challenge area youth to get involved. The obvious venue to accomplish both goals is the North Shore’s signature mountain bike event, the Lutsen 99er.
Our vision is to pay for 100 youth entries (grades 7 to 12) each year.
To fund the cost of these scholarships, the Joynes Department Store, in Grand Marais, partners with Darn Tough Socks of Vermont. Joynes sets up a tent at the Lutsen 99er and sells Darn Tough Socks, with 100% of the sales going toward the program.
The focus is on the youth of the North Shore.
Our mission is to provide a physical challenge, while eliminating a financial hurdle.
The Joynes Youth Challenge...Powered by Darn Tough Socks of Vermont...is thrilled to offer 100 scholarship entries into the 2019 Lutsen 99er on June 29, 2019. Here's what you need to know:
1. Scholarships entries are available for youth riders in grades 7-12.
2. Scholarship entries are available for the following distances: 19 miles, 39 miles, and 69 miles.
3. For more information about the race, including course maps, go to www.Lutsen99er.com.
4. Before you register, make sure you have lodging and a way to get to and from the race.
5. You must have a functioning bike and a helmet.
6. If you have already paid for an entry, we are not able to give you a refund.
7. There are no strings attached, we choose to do this as a way to give back to a sport we love.
1. Send us an email at [email protected] Subject: Lutsen 99er. Indicate that you would like to be awarded a scholarship entry into this year's race. Include your name and age.
2. We will respond with an individualized entry code to be used at registration.
3. Go to Lutsen99er.com and register. At the end of the registration form, you will be asked for your code.
4. Know that you need parental permission, you will sign a waiver, and you will have to pay a small Lutsen Mts. facility fee.
5. If you change your mind about registering, please email us the unused entry code and we will award it to another rider.