Grand Marais Collaborative Earth Day Beach Cleanup
We are proud of our public spaces in Grand Marais and take great pride in keeping them clean! What better day to show our appreciation for our beach and harbor than Earth Day.
Here is a tentative schedule of events for the collaborative cleanup on Saturday, April 21st.
11am – 1pm – Beach pick up in Harbor Park (downtown Grand Marais) with prizes!
1pm – 3pm – Free bowl of chili and 9 ounce beer/soda for all beach cleaners at Voyageur Brewing Company
3pm-3:30pm - March for Science (meet in Harbor Park)
3:30pm - March for Science short presentation
5pm – Earth Day Rock Talk: “Our Geological Foundations” with Professor Dr. John Green at Voyageur Brewing Company
7pm - Film screening: “A Plastic Ocean” at the Grand Marais Public Library
Other town-wide events:
- Fish print art available at the beach cleanup
- Cook County Soil and Water Coloring Contest (sheets available at CCSWD). Instructions below.
1. Decorate, color, have fun with the Earth and show the world what you love about it! Don’t forget to share how you would like to help and protect the Earth!
2. Turn your artwork in to the Soil & Water office by Friday, April 20 or from 11am to 1pm on Saturday, April 21 at the Community Beach Clean-Up at Harbor Park, downtown Grand Marais.
3. Winners of each age group will have their artwork featured on the Cook SWCD website. The overall winner will have their artwork featured on a Cook SWCD postcard that will be mailed to people throughout the area! Winners will be notified on April 23.
4. Artwork will be displayed in the Courthouse foyer until April 27.
5. I will pick up my artwork at the Soil & Water office by May 4.
Hope to see you there!
- April 21, 2018
- 11:00AM - 8:00PM