This section will assist you with downloading, installing, and running Boreal Web Accelerator Version 4.0 and later. For more detailed step-by-step installation instructions, please click here.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Pentium 200MHz (or equivalent)
- 64MB RAM
- at least 11 MB of hard-drive space
Boreal Web Accelerator is supported on the following Windows Operating Systems:
- Windows 95b with Winsock 2
- Windows 98
- Windows 98SE
- Windows Millennium Edition (Windows ME)
- Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
Boreal Web Accelerator works seamlessly with the following Web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 5.0 and later
- Firefox 0.9 and later
- Mozilla 1.4 and later
- Netscape 6.0 and later (version 8.0 only with Boreal Web Accelerator version 4.0.127 and later)
- Opera 8.0 and later (only with Boreal Web Accelerator version 4.0 and later)
- Boreal Access will provide you with a location to download the Boreal Web Accelerator installer via email.
- Download the installer to your desktop.
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2.
- On your Desktop you will find an icon called "BWA_installer".
- Double-click on the icon to start the installation procedure. Reboot if required.
- Once the installation finishes, you will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the username and password provided to you in the email message you received from Boreal Access with the Subject line of: "[Boreal Web Accelerator] Welcome to Boreal Web Accelerator".
- To avoid having to enter your username and password every time, ensure that the "Save Password" box is checked. Proceed to Step 3.
3. Starting Boreal Web Accelerator.
- Boreal Web Accelerator is automatically started when your computer starts up.
- Acceleration will begin as soon as a supported browser (such as Internet Explorer or Netscape) is started.
- On some Windows platforms, a bubble icon will appear when the Web Accelerator has been established. On all other Windows platforms, you can verify that Web Accelerator has been established by hovering over the Web Accelerator system tray icon (you should see a "Web Accelerator Enabled..." message).
4. Using the Boreal Web Accelerator.
- Browse the Web or download emails as you normally would.
- Your Web browsing and FTP transfers will be automatically accelerated by the Boreal Web Accelerator.
- If you wish to stop the application, click the Web Accelerator icon in your system tray and select 'Stop Web Accelerator' from the pop-up menu, or if you wish to exit the application completely, click Exit from the pop-up menu.
5. Further Assistance.
- If you're having trouble installing the product, consult the detailed installation instructions.
- To get the most out of your new software, please see the User Guide which includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the product.
- If you experience problems downloading, installing or running Boreal Web Accelerator, consult the Troubleshooting section for further assistance.
- Still having trouble? Please feel free to call 387-9471 or email email@example.com .