MN Veterans Home
Most positions are benefits eligible:
• Health • Dental • Life • Disability • Paid Sick & Vacation • 11 Paid Holidays • Retirement Fund • Deferred Compensation Plan
Apply online at http://mn.gov/careers
Please contact the Personnel Office for questions:
(218) 353-8693 or (218) 353-8694
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
DATE: 04/27/2016 02:15pm
VOTE! SHARE! REPEAT! http://bit.ly/BestTownGrandMarais
Grand Marais has been nominated by social media followers to compete for its second “top town” title in two years. Outside Magazine asked its Instagram followers to nominate their favorite towns to add to their curated list of 60 towns. Four towns, out of 800 submissions, were selected to particpate in the larger competition for a total of 64 towns.
The contest is organized by the type of town—river, culture, beach, and mountain towns will compete against each other until there's one of each remaining. Then they'll face each other for the overall title.
“Grand Marais is competing in the ‘beach’ category,” says Linda Kratt, executive director of Visit Cook County. “First, we have to win against the other beach towns. Then we’ll compete against winners of other categories.
You can vote daily during the five day match-up, so mark your calendars to visit this site (http://bit.ly/BestTownGrandMarais ) by 11 p.m. on April 29; again April 30 - May 4, May 5 - 9, May 10 - 14, May 15 - 19, and May 20 - 27.
Other beach competitors include: Bayfield, Wis.; Fairhope, Ala.; Bellingham, Wash.; Milwaukee, Wis.; Bolinas, Calif.; Cape May, N.J.; Ludington, Mich.; Los Angeles, Calif.; Yachats, Ore.; Miami, Fla.; Duxbury, Mass.; Pacific Grove, Calif.; Islamadora, Fla.; Wilmington, N.C.; and Ketchikan, Alaska.
CONTACT: Visit Cook County MN
DATE: 04/27/2016 02:10pm
Snowshoe style rocking chair made by Snocraft of Norway Maine. Excellent condition. $300.00 218-387-1926
CONTACT: Betsy Zavoral
DATE: 04/27/2016 01:17pm
Tubbs snowshoes made in Norway Maine. Laceing good. Would make excellent wall art.$100.00 218-387-1926
CONTACT: Betsy Zavoral
DATE: 04/27/2016 01:05pm
The Beaver House in Grand Marais has some exciting changes happening in 2016. WTIP’s Joe Friedrichs has this story about the iconic downtown business.
Coldwater Foundation is offering 3 wilderness medicine courses through SOLO (Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities) this June. SOLO is a premier school of wilderness medicine and a pioneering leader in the industry. We have been privilged to have them as our partners since we opened in 2009. All courses include CPR. Register online: http://coldwaterfoundation.org/#/college-adult-programs/wilderness-med-courses
Dates and Cost
- June 8-11, 2016: Advanced Wilderness First Aid (AWFA), $425 / $200 non-refundable deposit
- June 13-17, 2016: Bridge from AWFA to WFR, $520 / $200 non-refundable deposit (Students must take the AWFA to WFR Bridge within one year from their initial AWFA certification.)
- June 8-17, 2016: Wilderness First Responder (WFR), $815 / $300 non-refundable deposit
- WFR Recert: Both the AWFA and Bridge course qualify as a WFR recert course. You will need to contact Christine Richardson at SOLO after completing your course to get a WFR recertification packet: Christine@soloschools.com
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday May 20th (after this date, contact Coldwater to see if there are still spaces available)
CONTACT: Coldwater Foundation
DATE: 04/27/2016 12:12pm