Weekend Building Supervisor
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
2. Interviews and tours prospective members.
3. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
4. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
5. Applies all YMCA policies.
6. Monitors facility and addresses any issues as needed.
7. Performs regular administrative and clerical tasks.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Certifications required: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
2. Customer service experience preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
5. Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
6. Basic knowledge of computers.
Please fill out an Employment Application, found on cookcountyymca.org or at the Cook Count Y Front Desk, and give to Emily Marshall.
Phone: 218-722-4745 ext. 183
DATE: 02/14/2014 10:11am