FT general maintenance help needed
Caribou Highlands Lodge
Association/Exterior Maintenance Department
We are currently seeking a general maintenance person. This person may be required to work all shifts at times but generally would be a evening position from 3 to 11 PM. This person must have prior general maintenance experience and have good customer service skills. This person must be able to work during the week as well as weekends. The person should also have good communication skills. Starting wage will be from $12 to $14 per hour based upon experience.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. lighting, electrical, alarms, plumbing, security, painting, general carpentry, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe working environment.
• Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment (including daily uniform) for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
• Taking guest calls and interacting with guests to resolve any issues
• Possible help with security personnel if required
• Daily walk of property to find and resolve maintenance issues
• Ability to work alone as well as in a team
• Ability to problem solve
• Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events. General Maintenance Tasks and repairs in guests rooms
• Assists other maintenance workers with projects for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
• Interacts with contractors when supervisor is not present and/or when assigned for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
• Cleans resort buildings and grounds as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing a quality appearance to all areas.
• Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. daily timesheet, daily activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
• Responds to emergency situations during regular work hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns, with the possibly of on-call duties in major emergencies (outside of regular scheduled).
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior maintenance experience
- Customer service skills
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift when needed.
- Full time availability
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to bend, climb, stoop, and stand for long periods of time
If interested please contact Caribou Highland Lodges Maintenance Department at (218) 663-7241 ext. 4511
DATE: 08/23/2013 09:14am