Public Service Announcements
The Cook County Historical Society Museum is closed for repairs and maintenance for one more week. Will re-open April 3rd with regular spring hours: Friday 1-4 pm and Saturday 10am- 2pm.
Office hours and research appointments still available weekdays.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
CONTACT: Cook County Historical Society
DATE: 03/27/2015 08:33am
A G E N D A
COOK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
SPECIAL MEETING COMMUNITY CENTER, GRAND MARAIS, MN APRIL 2, 2015
6:00 p.m. This is a Public Meeting to discuss County Non-Mandated Funding.
(Hosted by Commissioner Garry Gamble)
All five Commissioners may be in attendance for this meeting.
A D J O U R N
* * * *
CONTACT: Julie Berglund
DATE: 03/24/2015 01:13pm
Check out what's happening at the Gunflint Hills Solar System:
Savings to date are 12,500 kW-hrs, $2,350 and 21.5 tons of CO2.
Spring is here so solar production will increase!
CONTACT: Virginia Danfelt
DATE: 03/24/2015 10:08am
Kundalini Yoga can help us to stay balanced during transitional times in life. Join us tonight from 5:30-6:45 at the community center 4H log building, as we do a Yoga set that helps us generate the power of the sun for ourselves and balance our emotions. See you there!
For more information contact Brigette or go online www.ancienttraditionshealing.com
DATE: 03/24/2015 10:04am
I am continuing to research the history of downtown Grand Marais businesses for possible publication. I would like to have pictures of the businesses listed below.
It is fine if there are people in the pictures.
1. Peterson Drug Store in the 1950 on 1st Ave. W.
2. A&W Drive In during the 1950s or 1960s
3. Tourist Information Building on highway 61 in late 1960s or 1970s
4. Sears Catalog Store where A&W was located
5. Ward Catalog store on Broadway
6. Shold's Shoe Shop and or early gas station in late 1920s or early 1930s
7. Webb Gas Station where Como Oil is now - 1950s
8. Spur Gas Station where Como Oil is now - 1960s
9. Isak Hanson's Hardware store across form Senior Center - 1990s
10. Gene Doody's Carpet Store - Where News- Herald is now - late
1970s or early 1980s
11. Tydol gas station on highway 61 where Pure Oil and Spur stations
were once located. Next to Dairy Queen. 1930s
12. SeaWall Motel 1950 era. Earlier called Gilchrist’s Cabins
CONTACT: Gene Glader
DATE: 03/19/2015 01:06pm
Cook County School District - ISD 166
School Board Agenda
March 19, 2015
Jane Mianowski Conference Center
5:00 PM Regular Board Meeting
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Recognition of Visitors
Approve Meeting Agenda
5.0 Community Comments
5.1 Community Comments is an opportunity for the public to address the school board on a school-related item, in accordance with guidelines printed at the end of the agenda.
6.0 Presentations & Administrative Reports
6.1 Robotics Presentation
6.2 Principal’s Report
6.3 Superintendent’s Report
CONTACT: Cara Price
DATE: 03/18/2015 02:45pm