Lutsen Mountains is seeking a Food and Beverage Manager to assist in overseeing two to three F&B operations. Goals include: to work with management and staff to achieve growth in the company’s F&B sector, to improve food quality and presentation, to work with managers and staff to build culinary skills, to manage costs and inventory, and to provide an excellent guest experience.
- Work with F&B Director to prioritize tasks.
- Implement new menus to include high quality food in a high volume environment.
- Ensure that the highest standards of food quality and safety are being met.
- Responsible for food and beverage ordering.
- Complete inventory and stock as needed.
- Manage food waste.
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
- Ensure that all staff is properly trained in food safety, preparation, and customer service.
- Observe personnel and functionality of environment to implement new systems that ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Minimum of two years management experience in a restaurant environment.
- Must be familiar with Front and Back Of House operations.
- Culinary background via education and/or experience.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices.
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets.
- Guest oriented and service minded.
Full-time/year-round, excellent salary commensurate with experience, benefits and resort perks are included.
CONTACT: Kathy Buckman
DATE: 06/18/2015 10:54am
Cook County School District
Success for Each, Respect for All!
We are seeking a part-time business education teacher for 2015-16 school year. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop the business education position into a full-time position. Cook County School District is progressive and we are committed to helping all students reach their full potential. Please apply if you believe all students have the ability to learn and deserve excellent education services!
Position: Part-time Business Education Teacher (potejtial to become full-time)
- Passionate about working with secondary students
- Has or will achieve Business Education licensure in Minnesota
- Experience with American Indian students and families preferred
- Experience with low-income families preferred
- Passionate and creative about preparing students for the business world
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and references to:
Cook County Schools
101 W. 5th St
Grand Marais, MN 55604
(218) 387-2271 ext 606
This position is open until filled.
CONTACT: Cara Price
DATE: 06/18/2015 09:40am
Lawn Care Crew Leader Needed
Full time seasonal postion until September. Must be able to supervise a crew of two, detail oriented, and great customer service needed. Pay rate $20+ per hour. Please contact me for further inforamation at 218 663 8121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Nathan Works
DATE: 06/17/2015 10:09pm
2015-16 Cook County Schools’ Photographer
Proposals Being Accepted
The Cook County School District is accepting proposals for individuals or businesses to serve as our official photographer for the 2015-16 School Year. The school photographer takes student and group photos that are made available but optional for individual students/families to purchase.
Photos are taken for the following:
- PK-12 Individual student photos (September 2015): This must include the capability to easily integrate a digital media file of the individual photos into our CAMPUS Student Management System. Photographer must also provide a makeup date for students who are absent or miss having their photo taken. The dates for these photos will by the PK-12 office based on photographer availability.
- School District and Community Education Athletic Team and Individual Photos: (As scheduled by team coaches and photographer- year round sport seasons).
- Homecoming (October 3, 2015)
- Prom (May 14, 2016)
- PK-5 Class Group Photos (Month is negotiable)
- HS Graduation (June 4, 2016): Class photo in graduation cap/gowns, and individuals receiving his/her diploma.
Interested persons should submit a proposal that includes:
CONTACT: Cara Price
DATE: 06/17/2015 08:06am
We have postions open for full time seasonal and full time year round work in construction & building maintenance. Hourly rates depend on experience plus we offer some benifits. Please contact me for further information at 218 663 8121 or email@example.com.
DATE: 06/16/2015 08:24pm
Caribou Highlands Lodge & Resort in Lutsen, MN is currently hiring for the position of Front Desk Attendant. The person we are seeking would be highly motivated and enjoys a fast paced resort setting.
Offering part-time & full time opportunities and competitive pay.
Responsibilities would include (not limited to):
Making reservations & answering phones
Assist in-house guests with requests and answering any questions they may have
Checking in & checking out guests with ease and efficiency
Provide top notch customer service
Assist with some guest services activities when needed
The front desk attendant must be punctual, have a positive attitude, a constant willingness to assist others, and work well with a team. The attendant must be able to work evenings and mornings along with weekends and week days.
Please apply online at http://www.caribouhighlands.com/contact-information-location/employment/ or for further questions please contact Jennifer Gillum at Jennifer@caribouhighlands.com or 218-663-7241.
About Odyssey: Odyssey Development is a privately owned company based in Duluth, MN with a strong portfolio including hospitality, food and beverage, real estate and custom home design and construction. The company owns/manages six luxury resorts located on the North Shore of Lake Superior to the banks of Leech Lake and employs an average of 280 people, serving over 60,000 guests annually.
DATE: 06/16/2015 05:43pm