The Cook County YMCA Reach & Rise™ Mentoring Program is Seeking Volunteer Mentors!
Reach & Rise™ is a national YMCA mentoring program designed to build better futures for youth by helping them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults. Volunteer mentors are matched with a young person for one year to provide one-to-one mentoring services and create safe, healthy and meaningful relationships.
Who Are Our Volunteer Mentors?
Mentors will learn how to be a positive role model and gain a better perspective of the pressures and challenges young people face.
- Volunteers from the local community who wish to make a positive impact on young people.
- Adults 23+
- Adults from varied cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds.
- Dependable, responsible adult who wants to share new interests and experiences with youth.
- A friend, counselor, role model, supporter and guide.
- Mentors commit 1-3 hours once a week with a young person for one year.
- Mentors complete 15 hours of free paraprofessional counseling training before they are matched with a youth participant (usually over the course of 4-5 weeks).
Become and mentor and change two lives! If you would like to volunteer with Reach & Rise, please contact the Reach & Rise Coordinator, Brianne Benson.
More information can be found on the Cook County YMCA website: cookcountyymca.org/reach-rise/
DATE: 01/18/2016 12:01pm
Caribou Highlands Lodge in Lutsen, MN has an excellent opportunity available for an organized, friendly, and motivated Administrative Assistant.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities Director and the Facilities/Maintenance Department. This would include:
- Enter work time sheets into maintenance software program.
- Submit contractor/vendor/supplier bills.
- Order parts and materials.
- Manage parts and materials inventory.
- Type and edit memos, documents, reports and emails.
- Perform general administrative/clerical tasks.
- Serve as the Student Worker Liaison for the resort. This would include:
- Coordinate travel arrangements of student arrivals and departures.
- Coordinate and perform transportation for monthly/weekly shopping trips for students.
- Act as the "Point Person” for student questions, transportation and student housing coordination.
- Perform student housing weekly “walk troughs”, shovel walk ways and other general outdoor “pick up” duties.
- Assist with and coordinate student housing deep clean and departure.
- Make arrangements for student activities and pass on communication regarding area activities and programs related to students.
This is a full-time position (up to 40 hours per week), Monday - Friday.
Qualifications: Previous clerical/administrative experience highly preferred. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must. Must have a current and valid driver's license.
DATE: 01/18/2016 09:56am
ARMHS Mental Health Practitioner or Mental Health Rehab Worker
Full Time - Union Position
Salary:$11.82 - $17.44 per hour DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Benefit Eligible– Yes
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS
DUTIES: To work effectively within Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services and Outreach services that help clients to live more successfully and independently in the community. Have knowledge of, and be able to teach skills related to coping, relapse prevention, and basic household and living skills. Assessing needs and applying interventions appropriately. Be able to complete functional assessments and treatment plans and daily progress notes. Be able to maintain appropriate boundaries in a variety of settings and situations. Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Mental Health Practitioner: Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field and 2000 supervised hours of mental health experience or High School Diploma and 6000 supervised hours of relevant mental health experience; or to qualify as a Mental Health Rehab Worker the Minimum qualifications for the Rehab worker is an AA degree in Behavioral Science, or 4000 hours supervised paid work experience delivering mental health services, or 3 years as a primary care giver to an adult with a mental illness(es), or 3 years personal experience with mental illness. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of community resources and area providers. Good time management skills, ability to be self directed and disciplined. Knowledge of employment related skills and crisis intervention skills.
CONTACT: Jessica Janke
DATE: 01/13/2016 04:56pm
Union Category X
Salary: $14.50 per hour
Benefit Eligible – Yes
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS
SUMMARY: This position provides Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services to help clients live successfully and independently in the community. This position may also provide Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) to children age 0-18.
DUTIES: ARMHS includes: Accept assigned referrals, complete functional assessment and treatment plan with client, arrange and coordinate needed client services in areas of mental health, housing, employment, transportation and other basic needs, transport clients as needed, work cooperatively with other service providers and coworkers, complete progress notes and other duties as required by law. Have knowledge of, and be able to teach skills related to coping, relapse prevention, and basic household and living skills. Assessing needs and applying interventions appropriately. Be able to maintain appropriate boundaries in a variety of settings and situations. Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues.
CONTACT: Jessica Janke
DATE: 01/13/2016 04:55pm
Hi! I am looking for a volunteer to do a basic first aid training for Cook County Cub Scouts pack 167 on Tuesday January 26th from 4-5 pm. The boys range from 1st to 5th grade. Please contact me if you are interested. Thank you so much!!
CONTACT: Sara Hadley
DATE: 01/13/2016 09:08am
Caribou Highlands Lodge & Resort in Lutsen, MN is currently hiring for the position of laundry attendant.
Offering part-time & full time opportunities with flexible scheduling and GREAT competitive pay. Morning and Afternoon positions open.
Our ideal candidate will:
Operate laundry equipment (washing machine, dryer, etc.).
Organize, sort and fold laundry.
Deliver linens to guests and Housekeeping Teams
Ability to multitask.
Uses time efficiently.
Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
Valid Driver’s License
The Laundry attendant must be punctual, have a positive attitude, a constant willingness to assist others, and work well with a team. The attendant must be able to work evenings along with weekends and weekdays.
Employee Benefits: Full time employees are eligible for health insurance though the company. Perks include use of Indoor Pool, Outdoor pool, Hot tub, sauna, and work out facility when occupancy permits. Employees have the option to receive employee meals for $3.00 daily and receives discounts at all Odyssey Resorts restaurants and gift shops including Moguls Grille & Tap Room. Employees also receive reduced rates for massages from our Mountain Massage Studio.
Please apply online at http://www.caribouhighlands.com/contact-information-location/employment/ or for further questions please contact Jennifer Gillum at Jennifer@caribouhighlands.com or 218-663-7241.
Odyssey Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law, including, but not limited to, medical condition, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.
DATE: 01/13/2016 08:38am