2015-16 MN Math Corps Tutor Position
Approximately 20 hours per week (920 hours) at Sawtooth Mountain Elementary and Cook County Middle School
- High school diploma or a GED
- Will be 18 years of age or older by start date
- Can commit to 11 months of service, 920 hours (part-time), including required training
-Tutors receive a biweekly living allowance of approximately $272 for part-time members.
-Tutors also receive either $2,865 which can be directly applied to educational costs, such as federal student loans, college tuition, educational supplies, etc. Tutors who are 55 or older may choose to transfer their education award to a child (including step-child), grandchild (including step-grandchild), or foster child.
Learn more and apply by visiting www.MinnesotaMathCorps.org.
Questions? Call Gwen Carman at 387-2271x603 or email@example.com
CONTACT: Cara Price
DATE: 04/28/2015 08:37am
Become part of the Oddz & Endz team. This non-profit affordable furniture and household goods store is looking for volunteers to become part of our team. All volunteer hours will be paid out to the local non-profit of your choice. Hours and days are flexible as well as duties are flexible to fit your interests. Stop in or call. Check out the possibilities for a great team and a help to the community.
CONTACT: Sharon Bloomquist
DATE: 04/25/2015 10:04am
The Shirt Outfitters, a retail T-shirt store and screen printing business is looking for summer staff. The staff members are responsible for pricing, stocking and customer assistance. Outgoing and friendly is a huge plus. Please call Jim at 218.370.1159 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: Jim Thompson
DATE: 04/25/2015 08:55am
Birch Grove Community School - Community Education has only one part-time summer position left for Campsite Kids (K-5). Programming runs June-August, M-F, 7:00 - 5:00. Flexible hours are available. Work with an awesome team at a great summer job!
Have experience working with children of diverse needs
Be positive, energetic and excited to work with our nature based curriculum
Have the ability to be flexible, self-motivated and responsible
CPR and First Aid certification preferred - not essential as other staff are certified
This is a great summer job! Join the Birch Grove team! Send Letter of Interest and resume to: email@example.com or Birch Grove Communiity School - Community Education Post Office Box 2383 Tofte, MN 55615
Birch Grove Community School..."Where Roots Grow Deep and Branches Reach High!
CONTACT: Diane Blanchette
DATE: 04/24/2015 03:21pm
Provides leadership, instruction, and supervision to CCYAC program participants and staff.
Research and develop school-aged out-of-school time program curriculum and ensure program curriculum and policies are being enforced.
Assist with overall implementation of youth and family programs which includes marketing, staff development, and communication with parent.
Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants, parents, and other youth serving agencies. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
Assists in the establishment of new programs activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with the CCYAC strategic plans.
Monitors program budget and assists in CCYAC fundraising activities.
Follows all policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or related experience
At least 3 year of experience working with youth and family programs/events
Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
$28,000-$32,000 + 12% retirement after two years, paid time off, health insurance, free family membership to the YMCA and 50% off any programs, life insurance, voluntary accident insurance, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary critical illness insurance, flexible benefit plan, short & long term disability insurance, and professional development opportunities.
CONTACT: Cook County YMCA
DATE: 04/24/2015 09:30am
Provide safe and fun atmosphere where children ages 6 and up have an opportunity to make new friends, socialize, learn new activity and life skills, and enjoy being in the outdoors.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers
- Learn the likes and dislikes of each camper
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for group problem solving
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities
- Set a good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, clean-up chores, rules, and sportsmanship
- Guide campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Prepare for and actively participate in pre-camp training and weekly meetings
- Meet/communicate regularly with Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
- Submit all required paperwork on time AND THE FOUR MOST IMPORTANT QUALITIES YOU MUST POSSESS…
- Tons of energy (and we mean tons!!)
- A willingness to make a fool of yourself for the sake of making a kid smile
- A desire to have fun!!!!
Position Hours: Between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm (Monday through Fridays)
Program Session: June 1 through August 28
Salary: Starts at $10 + per hour depending on experience
CONTACT: Cook County YMCA
DATE: 04/24/2015 09:20am