We have two positions opening up within the next month. Both are excellent opportunities for the right person(s):
1. Front desk person handling guest check in's, reservation phone requests and misc. tasks to stay busy. This person needs to be friendly and hospitality oriented with a strong emphasis on quality and meeting guest expectations. There would be 3 shifts per week on weekend nights from 3-10 to start with. Supplemental hours could be had by helping in our housekeeping department or with serving shifts in our restaurant.
2. Full time line cook, mostly night shifts from 1-8 or 9 winter and 9 or 10 summer. Busy restaurant environment with emphasis on cooking all meals from scratch. Experienced preferred but we are willing to train someone with a strong desire to learn this craft.
The apartment we have available will be opening up April 1st. It is a 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen and full bath, small living room. Sorry , no pets or children in the apartment. It's possible a couple could fulfil the above roles and live in the apartment but we do require the occupant to manage any after hours issues that come up with guest. In exchange for that (it's very easy we have very few after hours calls), you get reduced rent of $500 per month which includes the aparment (freshly remodelled), heat, electric, wifi, TV and verizon cel service all included. In essence, you have not expenses.
Give us a call if interested in either or both positions. A couple interesed in re-locating to the North Shore would be a perfect fit!
Michael and Maureen O'Phelan
Cascade Lodge on Lake Superior
DATE: 03/01/2017 09:38am
Stone Harbor is looking for a Full Time Tours & Rental Coordinator who is passionate about the outdoors and customer service.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and directing the Guided Tour program, which includes kayaking, fishing, canoeing, climbing, and others as they are created; along with coordinating and directing the Rental Program which includes inventory, maintenance and storage of gear in addition to compilation of client documentation and maintenance of necessary licenses, permits, etc. for both programs; along with sales floor coverage and specific tasks as assigned by general manager or owner.
Requirements include great communication skills, strong customer service ethic, knowledge of the outdoors; candidates must be trustworthy, reliable and enjoy working with people. Stone Harbor is open daily, year round; schedules include evenings and weekends. Pay and benefits vary by position.
- Prior experience in a tours & rental program
- Demonstrated organizational skills, experience in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication skills and exceptional people skills
- Educational experience beyond high school level
- Valid driver’s license
- Accepts responsibility; dependably works at a high level of proficiency and productivity; accomplishes day-to-day activities with minimal direct supervision; follows through.
- Adapts quickly and effectively to atypical situations or job demands.
- Performs other duties and activities as requested, willingly, competently and without jeopardizing the accomplishment of regular job requirements.
CONTACT: Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply
DATE: 02/28/2017 12:24pm
Docent and Gift Shop Manager
The Cross River Heritage Center in Schroeder, MN is looking for a docent/ gift shop manager from May – October, approximately 32-35 hours weekly, Tuesday through Saturday. Job sharing (part time) is also a possibility. As the first person Cross River Heritage Center visitors see, you will set the tone for our visitors. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a warm, friendly demeanor. Computer skills are necessary, retail sales skill are helpful as is a deep interest in history and guiding visitors to other tourist destinations. Please send your resume and three references to: Suzan From at email@example.com or Schroeder Area Historical Society P.O. Box 337 Schroeder, Minnesota 55613.
CONTACT: Suzan From
DATE: 02/28/2017 08:41am
Looking for front desk help from 3-8 Friday, Saturday and Sundays beginning sometime in May and ending in late October. Desk job consists of checking guests in, helping guests with questions, taking reservations on the phone, handling email inquiries and other related tasks.
Could become a more long term position for the right person but the seasonal person would be an immediate summer of 2017 need.
DATE: 02/27/2017 01:55pm
The Cook County Chamber of Commerce seeks an energetic, outgoing person to manage member recruitment, member services, event planning and fundraising. The Chamber is four years old now and recognizes a critical need to broaden its services and programming. The person hired for this new position, reporting to the Chamber executive director, will play a critical role in this evolution of the Chamber.
This position initially is for 15 hours per week and pays $15 per hour. The person hired will need the ability to work from home (with access to Office Outpost as well) and have unlimited access to an auto, computer and printer, and cell phone. He/she will need to demonstrate an ability to write well and with precision, especially on details such as dates and names.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of social media, particularly Facebook, and its use as an advertising and publicity platform. Some knowledge of website updating and design would be helpful.
Also important will be the ability to self start, and to recognize and develop all the elements necessary to organize and execute complex events. The successful job candidate will be able to demonstrate in written and oral statements a recognition for the importance of building a strong, prosperous and cohesive Cook County community with a similarly strong, cohesive business community at its center. Part of this person’s member services duties will be serving as liaison and support to retail/dining groups that function as subdivisions of the Chamber. There are now two, in Grand Marais and Lutsen.
Please send letter of interest, accompanied by resume, to Cook County Chamber, P.O. Box 805, Grand Marais, MN 55604 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is March 17.
DATE: 02/27/2017 11:41am
Looking for a local that could fix my Grandfather clock. It is a Howard Miller model, built in 1972. Please contact Gail at 387-1737
DATE: 02/27/2017 07:13am