The Cook County North Shore Hospital and Care Center Dietary Department has up to 80 cook hours a pay period available. Applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts, holidays and every other weekend.
These hours are subject to a non-temporary employee’s return to work status, but not to exceed 6 months without reposting.
To fill out an application, please visit our website at:
Please complete the application and application inserts and send them in.
CONTACT: Michele Starkey
DATE: 03/06/2014 04:03pm
My Sister's Place has an opening for a Full or Part Time Waitstaff. This is a great, high paying, year-round position. We have a combination of day and evening hours available both midweek and weekend. Flexible schedule that includes working with some of the best restaurant staff around.
Additional benefits include free meals and a YMCA membership!
Prefer someone with experience, but will train the right person.
Stop by for an application today.
DATE: 03/05/2014 03:34pm
North Shore Waste LLC located on the eastern edge Grand Marais, seeks a full-time, team member to help with day to day operations and customer serviceCandidates should be willing to work 5-6 days a week on a variety of different projects.North Shore Waste is an equal-opportunity employer.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume and completed employment application to Dustin Hanson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax to (218) 387-1026 Please feel free to contact us at 218-387-1029 if you have questions about the position.
CONTACT: Dustin Hanson
DATE: 03/04/2014 10:43am
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Interviews and tours prospective members.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies.
- Monitors facility and addresses any issues as needed.
- Performs regular administrative and clerical tasks.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
CONTACT: Emily Marshall
DATE: 03/04/2014 09:30am
The Youth Development Director collaborates and takes direction from Cook County Community Education, Cook County KIDS PLUS, Cook County Extension and other organizations to plan, implement, teach, and evaluate programs for youth of all ages in our community.
- Research and develop program curriculum and ensure policies are being enforced for all youth, teen, and family programs. Assists in the establishment of new programs activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with the supporting agencies.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Develops and monitors program budget, secures funding sources to meet fiscal objectives, and assists in fund raising activities as agreed upon by partners.
- Use evaluation tools to measure participant satisfaction, personal impact, and out ability to meet program objectives.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Communicates well with the collaborating agencies and delivers program priorities determined by all participating partners.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
CONTACT: Emily Marshall
DATE: 03/03/2014 07:16pm
Complete tasks in maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry to ensures that the Y exceeds standards of cleanliness and repair.
- Oversee maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry..
- Ensure completion of all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with groundskeeping and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies. May set up furniture for events.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
CONTACT: Emily Marshall
DATE: 03/03/2014 06:38pm