Events and Meetings
Ticket are now available for the E.A.T.S. 2016 Fundraiser. E.A.T.S. stands for Enriching Academics Through Sustenance and your donation provides extraordinary education to students at Cook County Schools by supporting the ISD 166 Education Foundation. A ticket affords you the opportunity to eat delicious food provided by our local vendors and bid on many silent auction items ranging from local gift certificates to a wide variety of items, including functional and artistic donations.
WHEN: March 10, 2016, 6-8pm
WHERE: Cook County Schools, 101 W 5th St., Grand Marais
TICKET INFO: Tickets are $25 and only 150 are sold. Tickets are available in the K-12 office, through Ed Foundation board members, and at Blue Water Cafe and Java Moose.
To give you an idea of where the money from this excellent fundraiser goes, here are a few things the money is being used for this year:
- $1487 to help fund 10 students going to Concordia Language Immersion Camp
- $430 for Middle School and High School Knowledge Bowl
- $1,000 for Middle School History Bee, Geography Bee and Exploratory Days
- $750 for Little Opera of the North performance for Sawtooth Elementary
Thanks for supporting the academic enrichment of students!
CONTACT: Cara Price
DATE: 01/28/2016 01:41pm
The Wedneday night AA meeting at the Congregational Church is canceled for tonight. There will no longer be a Wednesday night meeting held at the Congo Church. Please see the Boreal Calender for other Wednesday night meeting options.
DATE: 01/27/2016 02:39pm
Visit Cook County wants to let everyone in the community know that we will NOT be producing the Grand Marais Car Show this year, and there are no plans to bring it back in future years. If you or someone you know is interested in producing the event, please contact Katie Willard at 218-387-2788, ext 114, for details about the event. It's recommended that anyone wishing to produce the Car Show would apply for the Grand Marais Area Tourism Association marketing grant for local events, which has a deadline of March 10th, 2016. Please feel free to reach out with questions.
CONTACT: Katie Willard
DATE: 01/26/2016 12:08pm
The Cook County Vikings are playing at home today. Girls Varsity at 4:45, Boys Varsity at 6:30.
CONTACT: Cara Price
DATE: 01/26/2016 10:56am
Lori Rothstein will help attendees discover how to grow their talents into vital assets that enrich their personal, work, and community lives.
Identifying and developing our natural talents into strengths has a tremendous impact on our work and our personal lives. Did you know that when people have the opportunity to focus on their strengths every day they are six times more likely to be engaged in their jobs and three times more likely to report an excellent overall quality of life? (Rath, 2007).
Bring Out Your Best Workshop:
Date: Wed, January 27th
Cost: $60.00 * (A snack will be included with the workshop).
* Prior to the session, we would like you to take the Clifton StrengthsFinder® assessment to identify your top five strengths. Please purchase your own copy of StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath or Strengths Based Leadership by Rath and Conchi which come with a unique code to take the online assessment. Please come to the workshop with your top 5 strengths and your Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment. https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Purchase/en-US/Index $15
CONTACT: Cook County Higher Education
DATE: 01/25/2016 10:52am