FTP and your Personal Web Page
How to setup and use WS_FTP for Uploading Personal Websites
That is all there is to it.
- How do I setup and use WS_FTP?
- First, insert the Boreal Access Setup CD into your computer. You may
need to run the installation program. If it asks for an ISP Access code, click
Cancel - you don't need it to install WS-FTP.
- If you're at a menu screen, click [Install Additional Internet Programs].
- Click to highlight WS-FTP and then click install. (Please note - newer CDs
may not include WS-FTP. In this case, you can download the software from
- During the install when you are asked who you are pick "other" then click on next.
- When you are asked "How will you use WS_FTP LE" check "at home" under location.
- When you are asked for what purpose you will be using WS_FTP check "for personal use".
- Read and accept the licensing agreement.
- You will be asked to choose the destination directory; the default is ok. Click on ok.
- You wil be asked to please enter your preferred local destination directory for file transfers; the default is ok. Click ok.
- The next screen will say "many anonymous FTP sites require your email address as your password"; Please enter your full email address, then click ok.
- When it asks "please enter the name of the Program Manager Group for this software," pick WS_FTP, Click ok.
- The program should come back now and say “Installation Complete Happy FTPing”, Click ok.
- How to properly configure WS_FTP so you can upload files to your personal website.