A G E N D A
COOK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING COURT HOUSE, GRAND MARAIS, MN OCTOBER 22, 2013
Full board packets are now available online at: http://co.cook.mn.us/agendas
8:30 a.m. 1. Call meeting to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Make adjustment to agenda
2. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Opportunity for citizens to appear before the County Board.
8:35 a.m. 3. David Betts, County Engineer
A. Special Event Permit – Christmas Parade
B. Maintenance Worker II hire
C. Awarding of Winter bids for SGSD Roads
D. Revision of Capital Purchase
9:10 a.m. 4. Tim Nelson, Planning & Zoning Director
A. Planning & Zoning Secretary hiring request
9:15 a.m. 5. Bill Lane, Planning & Zoning Administrator
A. Meyers IUP
B. Wagman IUP
9:25 a.m. 6. WTIP, Deb Benedict
A. Request for confirmation of tower space
9:35 a.m. 7. Braidy Powers, Auditor-Treasurer
9:40 a.m. 8. Correspondence – Memos:
A. Cook County Higher Education 10/21/13 Agenda & Reports. Information.
B. Communications/911 committee minutes, 9/9/13. Information.
C. ORB Management - YMCA update. Information.
D. NERCC Renovation and Improvement Project. Motion/Resolution
9:45 a.m. B R E A K
10:00 a.m. 9. PUBLIC HEARING – D.E.E.D. Small Cities Development Program
10:10 a.m. 10. Employee Concerns
- South Fowl update
- Staffing Analysis
- Other meeting updates
- Meetings to note
- County Administrator Contract
- WTIP interview 10/23/13 – Commissioner Gamble
10:30 a.m. 11. David Dill, Representative & Thomas Bakk, Senator
A. Mutual Concerns
A D J O U R N
* * * *
NOTE: There are three upcoming events that the Commissioners have been invited to.
1) On 10/22/13 at 11:30 a.m. at the Cook County Higher Education, a Business Networking Luncheon with Sen. Bakk and Rep. Dill.
2) On 10/22/13 at 2:30 p.m. at the Superior National Clubhouse a Celebration of the start of construction for renovation of Superior Nation Golf Course.
3) On 10/22/13 at 3:30 p.m. there is a groundbreaking ceremony for the Pipeline at the site of the golf course pump house, near Lutsen Resort.
These are not formal Cook County Board of Commissioner’s meetings. However a quorum of Cook County Commissioners may be in attendance. No action will be taken at any of these events.
Export to iCal